Friday, November 14, 2008

Today's plan was to hike down South Kaibab, cross the Tonto, and come out BA. However my Achilles started aching about halfway down. I figured it might feel better on the up, but as soon as we started across the tonto it let me know in no uncertain terms that flexing the ankle was OUT. So we turned around and came back out the SK.

So someone from Ireland carved their initials, and Ireland, on the rocks, and MP carved his/hers. People, people, people...I just cleaned up these rocks on Tuesday. Do you think I have nothing better to do with my time than scrubbing your silly little scribblings off the rocks? A Leave no Tracer's work is never done.

Met Phantom Matt (aka Slater) on his way into the abyss. I tried to gender sympathy with my tendon, but he claims he has gout and thus trumps my sore ankle. Many of us were saddened when Matt replaced Ranger Lori a few years ago, but he has proven a worthy successor. If you are ever at Phantom for Matt's program, he does a dynamite bat imitiation.

1 comment:

Russell O said...

A great condor imitation too!! Love the grafitinator!! Nice blog.