Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hall of shame entry for today: V + G. Vapid plus Goober? Very Dumb plus Generously Dumb?

Here is is clean and washed. Sorry, lovebugs.

Veteran's Day, so no school, and we hiked to Skeleton Point. Spent some time cleaning up a graffiti site I got partially on Saturday. I didn't have my nail brush, so I had to use my bandanna. So many of my bandannas are dyed red from rubbing away stuff in the Supai. I consider it a badge of honor, but it does tend to wear holes in my banannas. A day hiking couple was eyeing us suspiciously, so when we passed them I assured them that I wasn't writing my name on the rocks, I was cleaning up someone else's. Although, they didn't say anything, like "Hey, were you writing your name on those beautiful rocks?"

A bit cold at the top, but pleasant once we passed Cedar ridge. We took off on the way out just ahead of the mules, expecting that we could keep ahead of them once they started to climb. Ran into Tim Beale, the head of the Trail crew, and chatted. When the kids at school complain about anything, I inform them that life sucks, and then you die. It usually shuts them up, but Ashley Beale, who belongs to Tim, has picked it up as her favorite catch phrase. So I felt a need to 'fess up.

Stopped again in the Supai to get a heart I missed Saturday. When will these people learn? You buy them books, and you buy them books, and they eat the covers.

Even with social stops and house cleaning stops, we still beat the mules.

No comments: