Sunday, April 26, 2009



Spent the weekend in an MCC geology class. Climbed Red Butte and learned about the Moenkopi, and then went down Tanner to the Redwall and talked about the supergroup.

I didn't bring my spray bottle, because I figured no one would be crass enough to write their name on a non-maintained trail. Wrong. Dan, Mogo, and alleged friends thought someone would be impressed at the dearing-do, and wrote all over the Supai rocks just before 75-mile saddle. They are gone now. Even without the spray bottle of doom, you cannot prevail against the Graffitinator.

Lots of interesting rocks. I think I found the tracks of a T-rex, even though all those geology instructors say that they came later: honest now: doesn't it look good ;-)? Asked Dr. Bob how this formed. His answer for almost everything: groundwater.

Windy and cool, but last week it was in the 70's on the rim, so I'm glad it was cool whilst on the exposed Coconino slide.

No comments: