Tuesday, April 7, 2009


Saturday we were in the Big City to see the boy compete in fencing. He came in third, which he was pretty happy with. Sunday afternoon we then ran down to Skeleton Point, figuring it would be less crowded than the BA.

I would have hated to see the BA. SK was really full. Erased a number of names all the way down, and by golly, AP added his/her name and "AP loves Mom" at Ooh Ah while I was down there. Fast work, you little twerp, but no match for the Graffitinator.

A few couples were asking people on their way out if it is really hard coming out. I noticed that they only asked the ones who looked pretty good: not the ones with their tongues dragging on the ground. I suppose they knew the answer they wanted...

Driving back, three kids dashed in front of the car, so I slowed in case anyone or anything else was going to appear from the woods. A snowball came crashing out of nowhere and hit the car. I slammed on the brakes, Brad jumped out of the car and chased the kids all the way into the campground, yelling "If I get my hands on you, you're dead meat!" I'm sure they didn't expect that. Probably looking for a couch potato who would throw up his hands and say, "Kids these days!". We were going to drive around the campground once, just to shake them up and let them think we were hunting them, but we wanted to get back and get ready for Monday.

No comments: