Sunday, February 28, 2010



Last weekend spent the entire three days in meetings. First the GCFI annual instructor round-up, then two days at the GCFI sponsored Guide Training Seminar. I always learn something new. This time I got to tour the rim with a local historian who gave me all sorts of tidbits I can use when I take people around.

This weekend, Brad was in a meeting Friday, so I worked on the online college class I am taking, then walked the rim trail. Saturday we drove to Flag so Brad could train to be an Odyssey of the Mind judge, and Sunday we hiked to Indian Garden and out. It was foggy on the way down, but cleared up and was actually warm at IG. Two hours and 5 minutes out, and it was really slow in the slush. I prefer the ice, because I don't slip back with every step I take. Spring must be here: I picked up orange peels and a face mask (yuck) on the way out, and saw someone cut a switchback. Their rationale: the trail was too muddy.

No comments: