Sunday, February 8, 2009


Skeleton point on Saturday. Really nice day and almost no one on the trail. HOP, I took your name off the rock. Tough tonails, honey.

To whoever built the illegal fire at Skeleton Point: I hope your house burns down. I lot of people get cold and say they build a fire to survive. This fire was in a windy, exposed location. Whoever built it would have been better off to move into the shelter of a rock. And having personally spent a night around a survival fire (10,000 feet, mid winter, Colorado, 40 feet of snow) I would have been a lot better off with a down jacket, which I never went skiing without after that.

Spent the night at La Posada in Winslow. Very nice hotel, of course it IS a Mary Jane Colter. And a nice State Park at Homolovi ruins. The state wants to close it down. Way to go, guys. Let the locals trash the new visitor center and drive a backhoe right up to the ruins.

No comments: