Saturday, January 3, 2009

Spent a week in Phoenix doing yard work with the boy. Xerrascape sure collects a lot of debris. Did some mountain biking and a hike in South Mountain Park: the largest city park in the world, according to some.



















When we came back, there was new snow, surprise! Waited until it stopped a bit then walked down to mile and a half. Not too bad: the snow was nicely packed and not very crowded. No one throwing rocks, because they were all buried, and no one writing their names because they can't get to the cliffs.

I've heard to stay away from yellow snow, but I think the green snow is worse.

I was experimenting with a new way to tie on my instep crampons, and they fell off twice. The last time I had to run back down the trail and snatch them up from under the mules, then run back up to stay ahead of the beasties. They stop a lot on the way out, and I hate getting stuck behind them.

No comments: