Sunday, March 14, 2010


Hiked to just below Cedar Ridge on Friday. Had to get to Prescott for an appointment, so we hiked down for an hour, showed some fossils to a gaggle of girl scouts, and hiked out to shower and drive down. Sunday we hiked to Skeleton Point. Lots and lots of persons out for Spring Break. Even saw my boss on the trail with a batch of kids.

The top of the Kaibab is terrible. Glare ice and steep ... and about half the hikers with no crampons. They have a good old time sliding down, but I don't know how they think they will get back out. Brad passed one couple who commented: lucky thing you have those crampons, and he said: luck had nothing to do with it. Then I passed them, and they said, lucky thing YOU have those crampons, and I said: I wouldn't have come down that trail without them. No sympathy at all.

My Skeleton Point Raven has a girlfriend now. Just before I got this picture, he chowed down on a big hunk of TP. Ewww! I knew they would eat anything but, geepers...

No comments: