Monday, December 28, 2009




For something new, we hiked down Hermit to Dripping Springs. The west rim drive is open, but there was not only no place to park at Hermit Rest, the Harvey bus was double-parked, blocking off about 6 spaces. So we parked at Pima and walked. The Harvey bus almost ran over me, I suppose following the rule that says they can't cross the double yellow line, but they don't mind double parking.

No one had been to Dripping springs since the last snow. We broke trail for the last half mile. Wondered if there would be a frozen spring, but it was dripping. The snow had not been in the sun at all: it was still crystalline. On the way out, my new ice grippers got caught in my bootlace, and I took a bad fall. Broke the gripper, also. So I guess I can sue the gripper company for not warning me not to trip on a bootlace, and the boot company for making such long laces.

No comments: