Monday, August 24, 2009


Hiked to three mile. Nice clouds in the morning with sunbeams and all. Picked up a bottle, a pocket full of paper.

Suffering an eye infection, but it is finally getting better. Had to "dope" my eye six times on the way out. Met Karen, volunteer PSAR and helped hassle hikers for a while. "Going to the River and back? Starting at 9:30? Where would you like the body buried?"

Discussed the guy who wants to reduce his possessions to 100 total. Maybe if I didn't have to count books. So how many packs, as an example, does one woman need? Fanny pack, racing pack, day-and-a-half pack (guide pack), overnight pack, week-long pack, computer pack for school...apparently six. Worse yet, I have five tents and I never sleep in a tent.

1 comment:

HfxHikr said...

I volunteer with SAR in Halifax... but what is PSAR?