Thursday, July 11, 2019

Returned from our yearly sojourn to the North Rim for the 4th of July waterfight.  Once again I dressed as Wonder Woman.  Alas, no one else in costume.  Where, oh where, was Captain Kaibab?  Minor panic when I dressed up and found my cape had lost a neck tie.  No needle and thread.  No safety pin.  So I fastened it on with a paper clip. 

I leant my water gun to a boy who had none, and he immediately blasted me.  He gave up when he found out that it doesn't HOLD water.  One has to fill it and immediately shoot.  Which means he could not chase anyone around. 

My planar is acting up again, so we ride bikes.  The Arizona Trail, the roads above Demott Park.  The lever on my wheel fell off, and I found it in the middle of the road.  Those location skills developed looking for litter served me well.

Then to Bryce.  Really good ranger programs.  One with a supervisor who was filling in for someone.  More rangers at Bryce than at the North Rim.  What is with that?  Rode 33 miles one day to Red Canyon and back, 35 the next to Rainbow Point and back.  Now at home, where it seems hot and is certainly more crowded. 
going to the water fight

Drenched!

Sunrise at Bryce

No comments: