Sunday, March 9, 2014

So the report from Indian Garden was that the redbud were just starting to come out last weekend.  Brad and I ran down this morning, and there were just a few buds on the tops of the trees which are in the sun most of the day.  Try again next weekend.
this year's reduds, so far

According to my records, last year they peaked on March 24, so I suppose we were too forward.  Lots of people on the trail. I really don't want to do a Maverick and ram into people on my way out (apparently he would actually crash into people head-on when he was in  a hurry) but I get tired of runners coming right down the middle of the trail expecting me to move so they don't lose two seconds off their time.  Today I also met a huge group, probably a school, in the Fault Switchbacks who were not only in the middle of the trail, but hopping from side to side to avoid rocks.  I'm afraid I repeated, "Excuse me, excuse me!" several times, and each time was a bit more strident.  They also did not have any food or water, so they will not be happy campers coming out.

I should be pleased that so many people wish to experience the trails, but, really, no supplies whatsoever?

Also ran into two dogs who were "service dogs".  Sure.  That's why you had no water for them and no bags to pick up after them.  Liars go to hell, you know.

When we got back there was a big dent in the backyard fence and hoof prints all over the ground.  An elk had crashed over our little fence to reach our piddly little tufts of native grass.  He/she ate most of them and uprooted more.  One would think we are in the worst drought in recorded history or something.
I see how the elk got in, but I am not sure how it got back out.

No comments: