Sunday, September 9, 2012

Someone has turned off the faucet: the number of hikers on the trails is really down.  Only saw about two dozen day trippers on the South Kaibab.  Once again, along the rim there is very little English spoken. 


I thought I'd have a couple of weeks to get some stuff done, but, alas.  Inherited a women's mule assist, then got a call to assist on a rim to rim, and today my boss tracked me down at the gym with an afternoon gig.  It's a dirty job but someone has to do it. 

It was just about a year ago that a huge thunderstorm dumped on Phantom Creek and flushed it clean.  Now, for our rim to rim tomorrow, the forecast is for 70 percent chance of rain.  I would dearly love to see a flash flood (from safely high ground) but I don't want to camp in the rain.  Bitch, bitch, bitch.

No comments: