Saturday, July 25, 2009


So we have visitors and S didn't want to go down the corridor so we left at 6 AM to hike down the New Hance, just to the Redwall, because I don't go down further than that in summer, for anybody. That sucker is steep. Like climbing up and down a ladder. And I always lose the trail in the Coconino coming out, so I end up on the loose flagstone, ready to take that last windsurf off into infinity.

But it was a pretty day, and not too hot. Whoever left your water cache at the Redwall, one normally HIDES those and dates them, too. To the loser who wrote "enjoy" at the shady spot, stay home and enjoy that!

We have decided that rather than the Leave No Trace Nazi I should now be the High Priestess of Leave No Trace. This sounds more beneficent, somehow, and gives me an excuse to wear my tiara on the trail.

Hour and a half down, hour and a half out. Not bad for steep and loose.

No comments: