Friday, July 3, 2009


Friday had a Meet the canyon, then Monday and Tuesday a Learning and Lodging.

A new feature: Things I Find on the Trail And I Don't Have A Clue. Like this thong underwear:
I am told by Those in the Know that the underwear and bandannas I find are used for TP and then thrown under a rock. File this under "things I could have gone without knowing for a long time". But a thong? And at the first tunnel?

Thursday we then hiked down South Kaibab. It was an overcast day with a 50% chance of rain, so it was nice and cool. Brad had to turn around in the Chimney because his boot was acting up, so I hiked to O'Neil and turned around. It was nice and cool as long as there was a breeze. Once I got behind the rocks, it was muggy and warm. It was still about 100 in the bottom.

This is the BIG weekend for rim to rim runners. "Gee, it is 120 in the bottom, let's spend all day exercising in full sun". And here is the view from Trailview Overlook. It is a long, long way out, and almost all in the sun at mid-day.

No comments: