Sunday, April 19, 2020

My agave just starting to bloom
Something ate it!


I have been watching an agave on the Hermit Trail waiting for it to bloom.  Since our acting Super opened the trails to locals, I scampered down to get a picture.  Something ate it.  Some animal came along and ATE my agave.  

It was a little spooky hiking down the Hermit all alone.  It is a rough enough trail that I was a wee bit nervous about turning an ankle all by my lonesome.  Then I explored the site at the trail junction looking for somewhere that they straightened arrows.  I saw a picture of this somewhere.  Anyhow, I found an old cowboy camp and some more walls, but no rock.  THEN I started thinking that since I was off trail, I might meet a rattler and then what would happen?  

On the way out I met two locals, and then two rangers, so I guess my broken body would not have been lying on the trail for too long before someone tripped over me. 


No comments: