Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Had a lovely hike with the GCAFI and some great ladies.

We were at Tipoff, and a guy lying there offers us water from the SAR cache.  Says, I, that is for emergencies.  Says he, Oh, it is just right over here, and shows me.

Then a helicopter circles.  We scattered as it started to land, and the guy throws on his backpack and runs over.  The SAR ranger stops him and starts to manipulate his knee "to see if we have to immobilize it".  It is obviously weight-bearing, and he can walk.  We got bored and announced,
"Well, us old ladies are going to keep hiking".

Ran into a ranger on her way up to evaluate him, and she said she did not know what was going on.  He apparently knew "just how to whine" to get a copter.  She also said he was flown out, hopped into his car and drove off without even going to the clinic.

For the next few days, every time something went wrong, we said we needed a copter.  "Oh, a gu packet split and my food is sticky.  I need a copter".  "My oreos are broken: I need a copter"

No comments: