Sunday, April 27, 2014

Last weekend we met a young man who was mountain biking the Arizona Trail. He was tying his bike onto his ittsy bittsy daypack, and we met him later at Mormon Flat.  About a mile after we passed him, we found one of his valve stems.  Oopsie.


on his way to the Arizona Trail


Got a call to fill in as emergency WFR for a springs survey, so spent the last week hiking around Grandview Mesa and writing down plants and springs information.  Lots and lots of cactus flowers.  The last night an un-forecast storm roared in.  I had brought a wee little MSR emergency shelter tarp because it only weighed 7 ounces, as opposed to my tarp tent which weighs 20.  It took three of us and a lot of moving rocks around to pitch it, and this was the dry spot I spent the night in.  I finally had to wrap my head up in my rain parka to keep it dry.  Most of the night I was thinking: how much difference would 13 ounces have made?  








No comments: