Sunday, April 11, 2010


Friday we hiked down to Skeleton Point. Spring is definitely here: there were dozens of people on the trail, at the Point, and way too much graffiti on the rocks. I had filled my liter squirt bottle, and I used up half before I got to Cedar Ridge.

Then we had to go to Prescott to mail a package, and Sunday I was supposed to do a Field Institute gig, but the couple canceled at the last minute, so Brad and I hiked to Indian Garden to see the Redbud in bloom. Not as much graffiti on the BA: maybe because it lacks that lovely, smooth Coconino slab section on the South kaibab, that I have termed "graffiti alley". Met a boy on the way out racing his dad. He said they were trying to get to the "motel at the bottom", so I told him to be sure to get the pink rattler junior ranger patch. I can picture him now, bugging his parents to get to the bottom so he can get his patch.

Just a dibble of ice left on the very top of the SK, and some still on Heartbreak Hill and just below. Nothing we couldn't handle without grippers, though Brad did manage to slip on the way up and twist his back.

No comments: