Sunday, November 29, 2009


Yeah, yeah, most of my updates are on facebook now. Been doing a lot of corridor trails. The dog is in renal failure, so we can't leave him with anyone and had to cancel our Thanksgiving overnight, so we decided to do a day hike a day. Wednesday we walked the west rim trail (8 miles) Thursday down to Skeleton Point, Friday I had a gig for the field institute (got paid for that hike!), Saturday skeleton again (it is warmer and sunny on the south Kaibab) and today we were going to do Dripping Springs, but it is snowy and blowy and we are wimps.

Cleaned up a LOT of graffiti: lots of kid with parents who don't know better. Every day there are 10 to 12 tags on the South Kaibab. That Coconino Sandstone is just too inviting, I guess.

Found three new fossils on the Bright Angel. Hiking with little kids (Field Institute Meet the Canyon hikes) they look for stuff close in. Little guy swears he found a shark tooth, but didn't have my camera to take a good picture, so I need to get one and send it to a geologist and see if it really is. It looks promising. this picture isn't the shark tooth: this is a Derbia. I know that one.

No comments: